Salam wbt.
So here we go! 2012 Highlights!
5th - 9th January : Istanbul, Turkey
One of my favourite trip since it is quite different to the trips I'd been before. A trip to a Muslim country, where Europe meets Asia. Mosques are everywhere and you can listen to adzaan from everywhere you are when it is time to pray.
 |
| Blue Mosque |
Such a beautiful place with beautiful Bosphorus Strait, beautiful peoples and beautiful cultures. And the main thing is the history, a never forgotten story for us as Muslim, where Istanbul or known as Constantinople was once under the conquest of Islamic Empires led by Sultan Muhammad Al Fatih. Sadly, the Islamic caliphate was also ended in Istanbul.
 |
| Trip partners. From left; Hanaa, Fiza, Me, Mimi and Bib. |
17th - 19th February : Brighton, UK
One of the beautiful seafronts in the South East of England. I went there for a final year retreat with my beloved sisters. How I miss the moments I had with these beautiful and solehah sisters :')
 |
Kita ingin segalanya indah, Sebersih pantai pasir memutih,
Seindah dan secerah pawana, Berseri ukhuwwah dipupuk kasih... |
11th March : Final All England, Birmingham
That was my first time went to watch a live badminton match (or should I say any sports match :P). You have no idea how excited I was to be there. All England is such a prestigious badminton tournament and since I was studying in the UK, why should I miss the opportunity, rite?
 |
| Previous champs |
 |
| Inside the stadium |
 |
| The National Indoor Arena |
We even bought the tickets earlier which is on October 2011 to make sure we got our seats! Haha..and yes, we were lucky that our no 1 badminton player, Datuk Lee Chong Wei made it to the final. Eventhough he had to withdraw from the match and gave up the champion title to Lin Dan due to his injury, we still proud of him as he played all his best for Malaysia. Our supports will always be with Malaysia!
 |
| Dila and me stayed at Yana's home a day before. Friends reunited! ;) |
 |
| The real supporters. Hehe.. |
31st March : SMILE, Warwick
As I always enjoy attending any talks, conferences and events which can benefit and give new knowledge for me, so I participated in the SMILE program or Spring Moment with ILuvIslam UK-EIRE. The very first thing that attracted me to join this program is the speakers whom are quite well-known and the experts in our country and of course the theme brought by this program which is about, "Islamic Malaysia: Hope or Harm?"
So, basically, during SMILE, we had been exposed to the discussions and the views of the invited speakers about Malaysia as an Islamic country. The discussions covered many perspectives and issues including from the legal side, historical, current issues, different political views and so on. That made the discussions quite interesting and it was really an eye-opener for us as students and as the young generations who will be the future leaders of Malaysia.
 |
The participants and the speakers.
Speakers included Dr.MAZA, Dr. Khairuddin at-Takiri, Prof Emeritus Dr. Ahmat Adam,
Ustaz Ahmad Jailani Abd Ghani and Mr. Imran Koyube. |
P/s: Glad that I attended SMILE. While getting new knowledge, I managed to meet my KDU friends who are studying in Warwick! ;)
5th May : INSIGHT, Southampton
Another talk event that I went for before I'm going back for good is this INSIGHT SOTON. Since I was in the midst of stress due to the final exam which was just around the corner, me and a few friends from Canterbury Christ Church University ( Zu, Cha and Iema ) took a 1 and a half day escapades to attend this program. I just can't be in front of the books anymore and of course, having Wardina as one of the speakers for the program was something that I couldn't resist at all! Hehe :P
 |
| One of the panelists, Syeikh Marwazi. |
 |
Can't believe that I had a pic with Sis Wardina and Sis Myriam Francois Cerrah!
|
The theme of program is "Where is the LOVE" and it had been discussed and delivered very well by all of the panels. Not to mentioned that there's a lot of jokes and laughs too along the talks given :D Overall, I could see that everyone was enjoying the sessions and we did get new knowledge as well as new friends.
Anddddddd, to met Wardina in front of my very own eyes and to hear she delivered her talk in a live session was such a bless and gave some sort of motivation for me at that critical time! Alhamdulillah :)
No comments:
Post a Comment